This Standard is currently in development and is not available on the Standards Webstore.
This standard will include practical principles, methods, and processes to evaluate and restore interior and exterior of structures and improvements, contents and personal property impacted by wildfire smoke emissions. In addition, this standard will also describe the basic principles governing wildfire particle distribution and eventual settlement on surfaces to aid the restorer in identifying the scope of a project and preparation of a work plan. This standard will also establish methods and processes to document, evaluate, restore and verify the cleanliness of structures and contents damaged from wildfire smoke.
S760 Consensus Body Chair: Brad Kovar S760 Consensus Body Vice-Chair: Patrick Moffett
- Principles of Wildfire Smoke Damage Restoration;
- Atmospheric Wildfire Smoke Distribution;
- Composition of Wildfire Smoke;
- Particle Behavior and Distribution in Indoor Environments;
- Limitations, Complexities, Complications and Conflicts;
- Administrative Procedures and Project Documentation;
- Preliminary Assessment, Inspection Methods and Strategies;
- Sampling Methods and Strategies;
- Analytical Methods, Analysis and Interpretation;
- Restoration Work Plan Development;
- Restoration of Wildfire Smoke Impacted Structures and Improvements;
- Restoration of Wildfire Smoke Impacted Contents and personal Property, and
- Post-Remediation Evaluation and Verification.
BSR is the ANSI Board of Standards Review that reviews and approves Standards as American National Standards. All new Standards under development are designated as BSR/IICRC till such time that they receive final approval from ANSI and can be published.