The Mold Remediation Specialist Certification validates competency to:
• Perform mold remediation for structures and contents
• Design and maintain containments
• Control pressure differentials
• Safely work in mold contaminated environments
• Understand common remediation work practices
• Review protocols• Design and implement remediation processes
• Understand and follow industry standards and legal requirements
• Recognize conditions conducive for causing mold growth
• Prevent amplification and containment for a variety of building types
• Implement proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Maintain appropriate documentation of removal/remediation processes
Before beginning your application, please ensure you have a minimum of 12 months field experience in mold remediation. If you do not have this experience, our team will be unable to approve your application.
Your Application will be reviewed by IICRC Staff, and you will receive a verdict within ten (10) business days of submission. If approved, you will then need to pay the MRS Examination fee of $300.
Tips to prepare for the Examination:
The Mold Remediation Specialist (MRS) Examination has no study guide. This is an experience-based Certification which requires prior knowledge and real-world experience for the Applicant to be approved for the Examination.
No course is associated with the MRS. The MRS Examination is only available online.
You have ninety (90) days from the Application approval date to take your Examination:
The two (2) hour Examination includes 100 scored multiple-choice questions.
The Mold Remediation Specialist (MRS) Certification is based on a job analysis completed in the United States. Because of this, the Examination is only available in US English with Imperial Measurements.
The IICRC endorses the principles of impartiality, fairness, and equal opportunity and commits to act impartially, fairly, and equitably concerning its applicants, candidates, and certified persons, including but not limited to: