The Mold Remediation Specialist Certification validates competency to:
• Perform mold remediation for structures and contents
• Design and maintain containments
• Control pressure differentials
• Safely work in mold contaminated environments
• Understand common remediation work practices
• Review protocols• Design and implement remediation processes
• Understand and follow industry standards and legal requirements
• Recognize conditions conducive for causing mold growth
• Prevent amplification and containment for a variety of building types
• Implement proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Maintain appropriate documentation of removal/remediation processes
You have ninety days from the Application approval date to take your
The two (2) hour examination includes 100 scored multiple-choice questions.
Currently not available outside of North America.
The IICRC endorses the principles of impartiality, fairness, and equal opportunity and commits to act impartially, fairly, and equitably concerning its applicants, candidates, and certified persons, including but not limited to: