This Standard will include procedures to be followed and the precautions to be taken when organizing the work for a project involving the remediation and cleaning of a site that is contaminated by the residues of illicit drugs, cannabis, and tobacco. This standard will assume that all scenes have been released by law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
S900 Consensus Body Chair: Dick Driscoll S900 Consensus Body Vice-Chair: Paul Pritchard
The S900 Consensus Body has initiated work on drafting this new Standard.
Sites requiring cleanup from the residues of illicit drugs, cannabis, and tobacco require a working knowledge of the following subject matter:
- Principles of Precursors, Drug Residues, and Associated Chemical Waste Cleanup
- Safety and Health
- Inspection and Preliminary Determination, Site Characterization
- Levels of Contamination
- Administrative Procedures, Project Documentation, and Risk Management
- Limitations, Complexities, Complications, and Conflicts
- Cleaning Technologies
- Equipment and Supplies
- Structural Remediation
- Vehicles and Other Machinery Remediation
- Contents Remediation
- Packaging, Transport, and Disposal of Waste
- Verification of Cleaning
BSR is the ANSI Board of Standards Review that reviews and approves Standards as American National Standards. All new Standards under development are designated as BSR/IICRC till such time that they receive final approval from ANSI and can be published.